This is my little place for my creativity.

UPDATE: THE SITE IS MOVING AS OF FEBRUARY 10, 2014 TO:

http://www.emilylikestomakestuff.com
http://www.emilylikestomakestuff.com
http://www.emilylikestomakestuff.com
http://www.emilylikestomakestuff.com
http://www.emilylikestomakestuff.com


It's time to move on to a place that is more DIY for this DIY-er. Please come on over to see what is up, comment, make suggestions, stalk, or just say hello.
The links are all the same--I have trouble clicking on tiny stuff on my phone so I thought that having it over a few lines of text might make it easier for folks like me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is more or less a record of my crafty pursuits. I'll use this space to keep track of promising ideas and my own successes or "learning opportunities" for future reference.

Comments are welcome, but will be removed if they don't actually contribute to the content. In other words, comments should have all meat and no time-sucking fillers.

As I complete the projects/ideas on the right, I'll move them to the left so you can see how well it worked out.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Walking Helper "Toy"

Our boy likes to be upright when he is not asleep.  This contraption gives us an option besides simply holding him in our arms.  He loves this.  The small loops (over his shoulders) are good to use while the adult is sitting (to balance him on a lap or the floor) and the long straps are good for when the adult is standing.  For now, it is very simple.  It is just a basic fabric bucket with intense stitching and a crotch strap instead of a round bottom.I put longish straps looped in the normal bucket handles.  (Extra points for upcycling the leg of some blue jeans that are already super stitched on the sides.)

At 8 months, out boy still eats this up.  It is, of course, getting shorter and shorter on him.  For anyone who might be concerned about hip issues in the baby--A.) Baby doesn't do much dangling in this--he is normally on his feet bouncing, "walking", or just standing.  B.)  There isn't much time spent in this.  No more than an hour at most and usually just 10 or 15 minutes--however long it takes for the adult to get tired.


I had planned to make a second one, but this one is enough .  He is so cute in it that he gets loads of the attention that he loves.







  
6 weeks old

4 months old    
 He was too impatient in his desire to take off to let me get a non-action photo.



Here's a tutorial on another site for a different variation of this

No comments:

Post a Comment